La Blatiere Rental Agreement – Terms and conditions
This Rental Agreement (“the Agreement”) is made between Lesley Dick and Paul Wheeler (“Homeowner”) and the persons specified on the ‘Booking Confirmation’ (“the rental party”) as of the date of that booking for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, and the parties hereby agree as follows
- The property is the Gîte stipulated on the ‘Booking Confirmation’ and situated at La Blatiere, La Chapelle St-Etienne 79240, Deux Sevres, France. The property is fully furnished and includes the items stated on the La Blatiere web-site as well as a weekly linen change (or more frequently by additional cost and arrangement).
- The rental party shall consist of the number of persons specified on the booking confirmation only and there will not be any other overnight guests or pets.
- The rental party will respect the tranquility of the area and act in a considerate manner towards the property and any other guests and keep and leave the property in a good and clean condition.
- The rental party agrees to abide by this agreement in default of which the homeowner will be entitled to cancel this agreement.
- The holiday rental begins at 16:00 hours on the arrival date and ends at 10.30 hours on the departure date.
- A deposit of 25% of total cost is due upon booking and is non-refundable. By payment of the deposit you agree to abide by this agreement. A refundable security deposit of £200 is also required to be paid with the balance and this will be refunded within 7 days of the check-out date, provided no deductions are made due to:
- damage (other than fair wear and tear) caused to the property or furnishings;
- any requirement for excessive cleaning;
- The rental party shall inform the homeowner as soon as reasonably possible of any damage or irregularity so that the same may be replaced and or rectified as soon as reasonably possible in order to minimise any disruption to the rental parties, or any other guests holiday.
- The rental party shall allow the homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair, inspection or emergency. The homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner by giving at least 24 hours notice (unless in case of emergency).
- Payment in full of the balance stipulated on the ‘Booking Confirmation’ shall be due and paid at least 8-weeks before the check-in date and should be by bank transfer to the details stipulated by the homeowner.
- If the rental party wishes to cancel the reservation, the balance will only be refunded if cancelled not less than 8 weeks prior to check-in, except the 25% non-refundable deposit.